25 CHUM Fellowship Scholarships to learn about philanthropy and the art of giving
CHUM is a Vietnamese non-profit project established in 2015 to support young people in their personal development, and to assist them in reaching their full potential through high-quality mentoring relationships and social & emotional learning.
Give & Grow
This summer CHUM is offering 25 Fellowship Scholarships worth VND4,500,000 each to participate in their ‘Give & Grow’ training programme. The course will develop leadership skills and help attendees develop their own community responsibility initiatives that address a range of issues and needs in their communities.
The course is for Vietnamese youth aged 16 – 19 who are interested in furthering their understanding of philanthropy and the art of giving, as well as nurturing philanthropic values within themselves.
Full length of the course includes:
- 2 learning days in HCMC on 16th & 17th June 2018
- 4-day learning camp in Nam Cat Tien National Park, from 28th June to 1st July 2018
- Group project implemented between July and December 2018.
After the training programme, participants will form groups with similar interests to explore their topic in greater detail and implement a project applying what they have learned during the course. Whilst completing their project, participants will continue to be provided with resources and mentorship support.
Participants of the course will learn:
- How they are connected to the social and environmental issues surrounding them
- What is diversity and social justice
- How to give effectively
- Skills to deepen their understanding of social issues they care about
- How to take purposeful action, increase confidence by engaging in service learning projects to address a range of issues and needs in your communities.
- How to work collaboratively in groups; develop communication, decision-making, conflict resolution and leadership skills; learn how to appreciate the insights and perspectives of others.
Become a Change Maker
Participating this course will help you understand what philanthropy means to you and clarify what social changes you would like to see in your community. You will learn, just by small acts of giving, how to become a change maker, working collaboratively with like-minded people to make real social impact in your communities.
The course is in Vietnamese. Trainers and mentors of this course are seasoned professionals in the field of NGOs, community development and business.
25 scholarships of 90%, each equivalent to 4,500,000VND, are available. Full cost of the course is VND500,000