Black Butter Heads East
By Shell’s n Prim 27 October 2015
There’s an old adage our mum’s told us about not putting anything in your ear smaller than your elbow. It just so turns out we may never have put a better bit of butter in our ears, courtesy of Black Butter Records.
The Wake n Bake Breakie Show recently featured Kant – Nightfall and Kiko Bun – Where I’m From as Track’s of the Week. Churning through the buttery goodness of http://www.black-butter.com/ we found old pals in Rudimental, Everything Everything (both featured on The Alternative Show) and Wiley have all been spreading their love via the Black Butter label – ok enough of the butter balls.
The UK’s most exciting independent label, who were named DJ Mag Label of the Year (2014) – Black Butter are touring My Nu Leng, Woz, Applebottom and Alex Adair throughout Asia, including shows in China with a stage takeover at, It’s The Ship and also in Thailand in November to play at Grease in Bangkok (26/11).
Apart from Black Butter also being a condiment known for its dark colour originating from Jersey and made from reduced cider, sugar, lemon, liquorice and spices dating back to 1600… they’re also a cracking outfit that discovers talent with nurtured regularity.
Here are five things you need to know about Black Butter Records!
- The company has only been around for five years. It was founded as an independent label in 2010 by Olly Wood, Henry Village and Joe Gossa and it’s now a standalone label under Sony Music UK.
- The label, synonymous with outstanding dance, house and soul music has helped launch the careers of Rudimental, Gorgon City, Clean Bandit and Jess Glyne, amongst many others.
- In numbers… over 70 albums / singles released, of which three were No.1’s by Rudimental, Clean Bandit & Jess Glynne with a total of 6 million albums and singles sold.
- Epic parties! In 2015 Black Butter have staged over 50 parties, covering the UK, Ireland, France, Germany, Ibiza, Mallorca, Netherlands, USA, Canada, India and Mexico!
- The Black Butter movement is heading to Asia for the first time in November… taking in four countries over the space of eight days! Bristol’s My Nu Leng and Woz will be playing in Singapore, Langkawi, Bangkok, Beijing and Shanghai.
Read more at http://black-butter.com/events/#2tJSzLyOHeWD50AT.99